BC’s leading provider of food safety courses is pleased to announce our new CovidSafeTM course!
CovidSafeTM was created by Canadian Public Health Inspectors to serve two essential purposes:
- Protect public health and businesses by providing workers and managers in the food and beverage industry with knowledge and skills needed to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19 between staff, co-workers, and the dining public. Solutions for managing risk when receiving, storing, preparing, and serving foods or beverages are discussed, plus dishwashing, surface sanitizing, take-out meals and much more. CovidSafeTM addresses many of the common problems observed by Public Health Inspectors during inspections which could potentially result in transmission of COVID-19.
- Restore public confidence. Many customers are reluctant to eat foods prepared by others, dine with people outside their immediate family, or even to bring take-out food into their homes. Seeing that a food premises has staff trained specifically in COVID-19 transmission prevention will reassure customers that they can return to enjoying their favorite food and beverage establishments with well-founded confidence that their food, dining experience, and take-out packaging are safe.
Door or window decals provided upon completion for display at your food or beverage business entrance will let guests know staff is well trained in keeping them safe so they can enter, relax, and enjoy your hospitality.
Completion certificates are also provided for on-site display.
Just $39.99 each, or $29.99 each for 3 or more! Approximately 2 hours to complete including section quizzes and final exam.
CovidSafeTM is priced with the current state of the industry fully in mind. We want this essential training to be as accessible as possible.
Please note that CovidSafeTM does not discuss how to arrange tables or provide physical barriers to maximize seating while maintaining adequate physical distance. This challenge is unique to each premises and is not the focus of this course.
This course was coordinated by Keith Herle B.A., B.Sc.(Microbiology), CPHI(C)
- Certified Public Health Inspector / Environmental Health Officer, inspecting food premises with Vancouver Coastal Health for 15 years.
- Full-time Instructor in the Public Health Inspector / Environmental Health Officer training program at the British Columbia Institute of Technology currently and for the past 10 years.
- Director of Advance Continuing Education Ltd, BC’s leading provider of FOODSAFETM courses, where over 100,000 students have been taught FOODSAFETM by our over 30 instructors (who are all Public Health Inspectors) since 2003.
*CovidSafeTM has been reviewed by Public Health Inspectors currently working in the front line against COVID-19.